Andre arrived from Dubai and Willy touched down from Frankfurt late at night on 8th of August and booked into a small hotel in 36th street – not far from Times Square.

Day 1 was spent to explore Times Square and get the feel of the vibe of the city that never sleeps. In order to get around the Big Apple the boys bought a 5 day hop on hop off ticket with Gray Line and proceeded to explore the Down Town side of New York.

The vibe of times square

They got off at Wall Street to check how the financial markets were doing after the harsh exchange of words between Donald and Kim Jong 😉 and then proceeded to the 9/11 memorial to witness the 2 big holes which are left of the old trade centre’s twin towers.

Great building in memory of 911-a

Great building in memory of 911-b
The hole where one off the Twin towers once stood is now a water monument

Back on the bus and back up again towards time square passing the Brooklyn bridges.

Day 2 saw them walking up to the Rockefeller Centre and a long walk through Central Park which seems to be the “green lung “ of NY and then proceeding to explore the northern side of New York by using the Hop on hop off Bus to Harlem.

Long walk through central Park

Friday was again spend going downtown to see the Statute of Liberty and walking back from there to Times Square through the endless Avenues and Streets passing China Town and Soho. Whilst they decided not to join the long queue of tourists who wanted to go to the top of the Empire state building they realised that a brewery Pup at the bottom of the trade centre would by far be a much better option to regain some energy – The iPhone pedometers by that time showed that they already walked a good 10.4 km on this 3rd Day in NY.


Saturday was spent back on Times Square with some shopping and crowd watching before they proceeded to watch one of the Great Broadway Shows – “Kinky Boots”
The day ended by downing a few cold beverages at a Pub opposite their hotel.

Sunday saw the arrival of Andre’s son David in New York. David has made it his task to always visit Team Lipstick on their travel so he decided to meet the boys in New York this time around. Together they walked through to Times Square where David’s arrival was celebrated with a few beers in the Hard Rock Café.

Team Lipstick with David in the Hard Rock Café Manhattan

After walking through some shopping areas around Rockefeller Centre they decided it was time to get a feel for a Baseball match so they went to the Yankee Stadium where the Yankees played the Red Socks from Boston this evening. The boys were astounded that such a relatively boring game could attract 55000 spectators into the stadium and left the stadium before the final minute to proceed back to the hotel and finish the evening of with some Scottish liquids before going to rest..

Monday finally arrived and the team could get in touch with the freight agents who advised that the container will be offloaded today but that Lipstick could only be released the following day … this now is stretching the patience of team lipstick to its limits but hopefully by tomorrow they could be on the road again..

9th – 14th August – New York here we are!